So many people are moving away from traditional dairy milk and instead choosing non-dairy alternatives.
Nut milk is inexpensive and easy to make yourself using only a handful of ingredients and a blender.
And best of all.... by making your own Organic Almond Milk you know exactly what is in it making it free from additives.
How to make Almond Milk:
1 cup of almonds (organic and raw if possible) approx. 200 grams
4 cups of filtered water + water for soaking
1/2 tsp sea salt
1. Place almonds in bowl and cover with water and sea salt.
2. Allow to soak for 8-12 hours (overnight is always good).
3. Drain almonds and rinse really well.
4. Add almonds and 4 cups of filtered water in blender and blend until smooth.
5. Using cheesecloth or a clean tea towel, drain milk into a bowl through the cloth.
6. Place into an airtight bottle and store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
To make a sweetened almond milk:
After step 5 above, place back into a clean blender with sweetener of choice (dates, maple syrup or stevia to taste) and blend well.